Certification of Wild Collection
Conducting certification of Wild Collection is an essential focus of our activity, in which we have an extensive experience.
The certification of wild collection (wild plants) refers to the field associated with collecting and partially processing natural wild vascular plants (including their parts and by-products), algae, and mushrooms at all stages of development for commercial purposes. All these activities shall comply with the organic standards and regulations.
We have a proven track record in certifying wild collection according to international and private standards, including the EU Organic Regulation, Canada Organic Regime (COR), Bio Suisse (Switzerland), Naturland (Germany), and KRAV (Sweden), both within Ukraine and abroad.
The range of wild plant products certified by Organic Standard in Ukraine (and other countries) is diverse and includes wild berries, medicinal herbs, mushrooms, birch sap, and more than 200 other items.
Certification involves the thorough verification and assessment of production methods and products to ensure compliance with organic regulations. Upon successful certification, we issue internationally recognized certificates, granting our clients access to premium organic markets.
Organic Standard provides a comprehensive range of services that encompass inspections and certification based on various standards and ongoing support for the Operator during the entire certification process. We place great importance on the expertise of our specialists and continuously enhance their skills and qualifications. As a result, this approach allows us to deliver high-quality service to our clients.
Requirements for Wild Collection
The general requirements for organic wild collection are as follows:
- the collection or harvesting of organic wild plants must prevent any pollution of the natural environment and exclude the depletion of their resources. Collecting objects of plant life listed in the Red Book of Ukraine for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
- harvesting should take place in designated areas of wild plant growth. The key requirement is the absence of treatment of the collection areas with the substances prohibited in organic production during the last 3 years. Collection areas may include:
- natural lands, areas of growth of plant populations
- orchards (perennial fruit and berry plantations) used only for picking fruits and berries, provided that no other agricultural activity is carried out in the orchards
- lands that have been fallow during the last three years
- territories for cattle grazing and hay harvesting, in case they are not fertilized and the maximum number of animals per 1 ha does not exceed the number specified in the organic legislation
- harvesting methods, techniques, and quantities should not harm plant and fungal populations, and the harvesting system shall be properly organized.
Organic Standards and Regulations
Organic Legislation of Ukraine
Certification in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine is mandatory for the production and sale of organic products in Ukraine.
IACB Standard equivalent to the EU Regulations
Certification according to the IACB Equivalent EU Organic Production & Processing Standard for Third Countries is currently the only option for exporting organic products from Ukraine to the EU.
EU Regulation 2018/848
Certification in accordance with EU Regulation 2018/848 for exports to EU countries from Ukraine will be mandatory no earlier than 2024.
Canada Organic Regime (COR)
Certification according to COR is an important requirement for exporting organic products to Canada, which can also facilitate exports to the United States.
Certification according to the Bio Suisse standard is a mandatory requirement for exporting products to Switzerland.
Certification according to the Naturland provides additional advantages during the export of products to Germany.
Certification according to the KRAV Standards provides additional advantages during the export of products to Sweden.
If you have any questions, please contact our specialist
Senior Sertification Specialist